Yes, the key innovation of the crowdfunding approach to receive financing from your home equity is that you are issuing securities to investors against the equity you own in your home. To do this you will need to register with the Securities and Exchange Commission, as an issuer of securities. Don’t worry it is not as complicated as it sounds. You will create an account and file a form (Form C) with the SEC — Invown has templates for all of this, it is not at all complicated; we will walk you through each step in the process.